Vegan • Gluten free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
– 350g smoked firm tofu (I used The Tofu Tub ), cut int 8-12 blocks.
– 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
– 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
– 3 sprigs of thyme
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1,5 C cooked buckwheat
– 20g/1 handful of fresh herbs (I used coriander and parsley), roughly chopped
– 50 – 100g wild rocket
– olive oil
– Maldon salt
– Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the tofu, pepper, red onion and thyme onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.After this, bake uncovered for a further 15 minutes .
3. While the tofu bakes, place the buckwheat, herbs and rocket into a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Toss lightly to coat.
4. Once the onions have softened and are becoming crisp on the edges, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly or completely before serving with the herbed buckwheat.