Vegan/Traditional • Sugar-free • Gluten free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
– 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil
– 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove chopped
– 2 tbsp curry powder
– 2 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground cardamom
– 1 thumb of fresh ginger, finely grated
– 1/2 tsp fennel
– 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
– 1/2 tsp ground cloves
– 1 large tomato, chopped
– 400ml vegetable stock
– 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, skin on and cut into 2.5-3cm cubes
– 1 tin of butter/cannellini beans
– 3/4 C Utopia cashew nut yoghurt or full cream yoghurt
– 1 handful of greens (kale, spinach or baby spinach), roughly chopped or torn
– Cooked rice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Add the onions, cover with the lid and allow to sweat for 2 minutes until they become soft.
2. Add the garlic and all spices, cook for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously until the spices become very aromatic. Next add the tomato and cook for 1 minute so that it begins to soften.
3. Add the vegetable stock, sweet potatoes and cannellini beans, fold in, reduce the heat slightly and allow to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally (or until the sweet potato has softened).
4. Gently fold in the yoghurt and greens and allow to simmer for 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
5. Serve with rice, papadoms, naan or on its own.