Sugar-free • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
– 2 1/4 cups almond flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp bicarb
– 1 cup vegan/full cream yoghurt (I used Utopia Foods Cashew nut yoghurt)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 5ml vanilla essence
– 2 jumbo eggs
– 100 ml agave syrup/sugar alternative of your choice
– 60g of 70%-80% chocolate, melted (I used 72 % Chocolate from Honest Chocolate)
– 60g 70% dark chocolate, melted
– 100g yoghurt (of your choice) sweetened with a sugar alternative of your choice.
– 50g toasted almonds, roughly chopped or slivered
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a loose bottom cake tin.
2. Place almond flour, baking powder and bicarb into a large bowl and mix lightly.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the yoghurt, olive oil and vanilla essence by lightly whisking.
4. Place the eggs and agave syrup into a large bowl and whisk with an electric beater for 3 minutes or until the egg mixture has reached ribbon stage.
5. Combine the yoghurt mixture with the dry mix blending thoroughly, then add the egg mixture in 1/3s by folding in.
6. Remove a 1/3 of the mixture and fold in the melted chocolate. Be very gentle to ensure as little air is lost as possible.
7. Lightly fold the chocolate mixture into the vanilla mixture to create a marbled effect.
8. Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 35 – 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack before removing from the cake tin.
10. Slice into wedges and serve warm or cold, on its own or with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a dollop of your prefered yoghurt (you can sweeten this) and sprinkle toasted almonds.