Gluten free • Dairy free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 16 slices
– 75g coconut flour
– 115g desiccated coconut
– 5g bicarbonate of soda
– 5g baking powder
– A pinch of salt
– 3 eggs separated
– 75g honey/ agave nectar
– 75g coconut oil, softened
– 1 x 400ml coconut milk
– 5ml vanilla essence
– 100g blueberries
– 100ml coconut cream (place in the fridge for 1 hour, scoop out the cream and freeze the water that seperates from the cream)
– 5 ml vanilla essence
– 50g fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, line a brownie tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
2. Combine coconut flour, desiccated coconut, bicarb, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg yolks and softened coconut oil in a large bowl, add the coconut milk and whisk lightly.
4. Place egg white into a clean (preferably glass bowl) and whisk until foamy. Add the honey and whisk until soft peak stage.
5. Combine the wet mix and dry mix and stir until blended.
6. Fold the egg white into the mixture in 1/3’s. Spoon the mixture into the lined brownie tin, top with blueberries and bake for 35-45 minutes.
7. While you wait, whisk the coconut cream and vanilla essence and place in the fridge until required.
8. Test the doneness of the tray cake with a skewer or cake tester (this should come out clean). Once done, cool in the tin on a cooling rack. Remove from the tin and place onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
9. Serve the coconut and blueberry tray cake with the whipped coconut cream and fresh blueberries.