Low-carb • Gluten-free • Vegetarian
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
– 500 g rainbow carrots
– 20 ml aniseed, whole
– olive oil
– 300 g cauliflower rice/ 300g cauliflower grated or blitzed in a food processor
– 3 large tomatoes or 350g punnet of baby tomatoes/ Woolworths exotic tomatoes
– 1 large red onion
– 30 g of fresh flat leaf parsley, stems removed
– salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Peel and remove the carrot tops then slice the carrots length-ways.
2. Place the carrots onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with aniseed, salt and pepper. Roast the carrots in the oven and for approximately 40 minutes or until the carrots become tender.
3. While the carrots are cooking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot, saute the cauliflower rice until it begins to brown slightly, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Finely chop the tomatoes, onion and parsley then place into a large bowl with the cooled cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
5. When the carrots are cooked, allow to cool slightly and serve with the cauliflower tabbouleh.