Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 red onion, roughly chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 1 stalk celery, rinsed and chopped
– 10g pack of fresh coriander, leaves and stems
– 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
– 2 cups vegetable stock
– 1 Cup water
– 200ml cream (optional)
– * coriander for garnish
– * sweet potato chips (optional)
– Salt & White pepper
1) Heat oil in a large pot, add the onion, garlic and celery and allow to saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add the coriander, stir and saute for a further 2 minutes.
3) Finally add the sweet potato, vegetable stock and water.
4) Turn the heat down and allow to simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
5) Allow the soup to cool slightly before blending with a stick blender or in a food processor. Blend till smooth and season well with salt and pepper.