Makes: 12 (/24 mini)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
– 1 Cup Almond butter
– 4 small baby marrows, finely grated
– 5ml Baking powder
– 2,5ml Bicarb
– 2 large eggs
– 2,5ml vanilla essence
– 1/2 Cup cocoa
– 1 Tbsp Cacao
– 1 Tbsp Morniga/Spirulina(optional)
– 3 Tbsp honey/4 Tbsp Agave Nectar
– 80g 70% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped (optional)
– 70g Hazelnuts, Roughly chopped
1) Preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease a baking tin/brownie pan, set aside.
2) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, but only half the chocolate and hazelnuts.
3) Once combined, spoon out the mixture into the greased brownie pan, and smooth out.
4) Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate and hazelnuts, then bake for 20-30 minutes.
*If you like a gooey brownie, check it after 15 minutes, depending on how deep your baking tray is, if you lightly move the tray or tap the top, the center should be firm but when if you skewer it, the skewer should not come out completely clean, THEN ITS PERFECT!
5) Allow to cool completely before slicing and transferring onto a wire rack.
6) Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge (will last two week, if you can resist).