Vegan • Dairy-free
– 1-2 Cups of watermelon, diced into small blocks
– 1 cucumber, shaved into noodles/ribbons
– 1 fennel bulb, halved and slice as thinly as possible
– 1 large handful or basil leaves, rinsed and torn
– fennel leaves to garnish (optional)
– Maldon salt (to season)
– 2 T Agave nectar/Honey
– Juice and zest of 2 large grapefruit
– 1 t Tamari
1. For the salad, simply toss all ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
2. For the dressing, place the agave/honey into saucepan and place over a high heat. Allow the agave to bubble, then add the remaining ingredients.
3. Turn down the heat slightly, stir occasionally and allow the sauce to reduce by 1/2 or until it becomes syrupy.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Once the dressing has cool pour over the salad and toss.
6. Place onto a serving dish and garnish with fennel leaves.