– 80 ml extra virgin olive oil.
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 2 eggs
– 75 ml milk/ Almond milk
– 1 C Fresh basil, rinsed with stems on
– 1 C Mixed fresh herbs, ie parsley
– 1/2 C kale
– 1 C sweet potato puree
– 2 t apple cider vinegar
– 1 t sea salt
– 1 1/2 C buckwheat flour
– 1 t baking powder
– 1 t bicarbonate of soda
– 1 ml Xantham Gum (optional)
– 1 t mustard powder
– 75 ml warm water
– 1.4 C cooked Quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 180º C. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
2. Fry the red onions in a little olive until soft and transparent (+- 5 mins), set aside to cool.
3. Place eggs, milk, olive oil, basil, kale, sweet potato puree and apple cider vinegar into a blender, then blend until a smooth and well combine.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb, Xantham Gum and mustard powder into large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
5. Add the wet to the dry mix and combine. if the mixture is a little stiff, add water.
6. Finally add the quinoa, pour into the muffin tin (fill almost to the top) then sprinkle over the left over quinoa to garnish.
7. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy as is, with pesto or humus.