Wheat Free • Sugar free
– 1 Packet (218 g) of Nairn’s Fine Milled Oatcakes, blend in the food processor
– 2 T Raw Honey
– 100 g butter, melted (add a little more if it doesn’t find nicely just yet)
– 2 ml vanilla powder (optional)
– 3 eggs
– 2 yolks
– 115 g unsalted butter
– 135 ml lemon juice
– zest of 1 lemon
– 2-3 T Raw honey (add more to taste)
– 2 ml Xantham gum
Candied Lemons (Optional):
– 2 Lemons, thinly sliced
– 3 T Honey
1. Line a loose bottom baking tine with baking paper and set aside.
Tip: Grease the tin with butter, as this help the paper to stick to the rim of the tin.
2. For the base, place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon until combined. Next press the mixture into the lined baking tin to create the crust and allow to cool in the fridge while you make the filling.
Tip: If you’d like less crust, then spray the rim of the lined baking tin with spray and cook, this will prevent the mixture from sticking to the sides.
3. For the filling, place all ingredients, except the xantham gum, into a large heat proof bowl and place onto a bain-marie. Stir the mixture until it becomes thick and coats the back of your spoon.
4. Once the mixture has thickened, place into a blander and add the xantham gum. Blend for 30 seconds, then pour the mixture into the pastry case.
5. Leave for at least 3 hours, to allow it to set fully.
6. For the Topping, heat the honey in a nonstick pan,add the lemon slices and cook until golden then turn over and do the same on the other side. Remove from the heat, place onto a greased plate and allow to col before placing onto the tart.