– 10-15 Medjool dates, halved and tossed in 1 T flour mix
– 1/4C Almond Milk
– 1/4C Oil
– 2 Organic Eggs, separated
– 4 VERY ripe organic bananas
– 1t Vanilla Powder
– 1/4C Xylitole (plus 1t)
– 1.5C Flour (1C Oat Flour and 1/2C Quinoa Flour)
– 5ml Baking Powder
– 4ml Bicarb
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease the loaf tin well and set aside.
2. Place almond milk, oil, egg yolks, bananas and vanilla powder into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Sieve xylitole, flour mix, baking powder and bicarb into a large bowl.
4. Whisk the egg whites until frothy, then add 1t xylitol, then whip until soft peak stage.
5. Add the wet mix to the dry, mix until well combine. Next fold in the egg white in 1/3 to the mixture.
6. Finally add the dates by folding in. Then pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and bake at 170°C for 40 – 60 mins.
Note: This recipe also works really well for muffins, which are best enjoyed warm with Pecan nut butter or salted butter.