Gluten free • Sugar free
– 1 C Buckwheat flour
– 1/2 C Sweet potato, puréed in the food processor or mashed
– 1 Egg
– 1 T Mixed herbs
– 1 T Dried Basil
– 1 tsp Olive oil
– 1 Onion, chopped
– 1/2 Red pepper, deseeded and chopped
– 1 C Rosa tomatoes, chopped
– 1 t Cloves, ground
– 1/2 t Cinnamon, ground
– 1 T Dried herbs (fresh if you have)
– 1 T Dried basil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large baking tray.
2. Place the buckwheat flour into a large bowl, combine the egg and sweet potato in a separate, then add to the flour and mix well (you’ll end up with a thick paste)
3. Add the herbs and season with S&P. Next, scoop the mix out onto the greased baking tray, spread and shape using your finger tips or a spatula . (It’s very sticky so it helps if you sprinkle a little buckwheat flour over it) Once shaped, bake for 15 min.
4. For the tomato sauce, fry the onions until golden, next add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Finally add the remaining ingredients and cook until the mixture as reduced and become fairly thick.
5. Blend the tomato sauce then season if need be.
*You can make this sauce and keep what you have left in the fridge as it makes a super and easy pasta sauce for when you feel lazy.*
6. After 15 minutes, remove the pizza and top generously with your delicious tomato sauce, then place back into the oven for a further 5 – 10 mins (depending on how generous you were with the sauce.) If you have topping that you’d like to bake, then add them now (with cheese/ mozzarella if you like.)
7. Slice and enjoy.