Gluten-free • Sugar free • Dairy free
– 3 Eggs, separated
– 1/4 C Coconut oil, melted
– 3 T Honey (keep about a tsp aside for the egg whites)
– 1 t Vanilla essence
– 3/4 coconut cream
– 1/2 C coconut flour, sifted
– 1/2 t baking power
– 1/2 C defrosted or fresh raspberries, plus extra for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tin … WELL! (my mix was enough for 6 muffins)
2. Whisk together the egg yolks, coconut oil, honey, vanilla essence and coconut cream to form a smooth batter.
3. Add the coconut flour and baking powder to the batter and stir in.
4. Using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites and honey together until soft peaks form.
5. Fold the egg whites into the mixture in 1/3 , alternating with the raspberries.
6. Spoon the mixtures into your WELL greased muffin tray and bake for approximately 15-20 mins, until the top begins to become golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
7. Allow to cool fully before removing from the tray.