Vegan • Gluten-free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
– 1/4 butternut; peeled, seeds removed, sliced or cut into cubes
– 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
– olive oil
– 300g – 400g baby kale/ Calvolo nero kale, rinsed, stems removed and leaves torn into bite sized pieces
– 2 ripe avocados, pip removed, flesh – scooped
– 50g Pumpkin seeds, toasted
– 100g Cashew nuts, soaked overnight
– 2 tsp OhMega tahini
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, drizzle the butternut with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on the cut size.
2. While the butternut cooks, place the chickpeas onto a separate baking tray, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper and place into the oven with the butternut. Allow the chickpeas to roast for approximately 20 minutes, or until crunchy.
3. For the cashew nut cream, drain off the water and blitz the cashews in a food processor until smooth. Add the tahini and 1/4 C of water to loosen the mixture. If you feel the mixture is still to stiff, gradually add more water, then season with salt and pepper.
4. When the butternut is done and chickpeas are crunchy, allow to cool. Once cooled, assemble the salad. Start by placing the kale into a large serving bowl, next top with butternut, chickpeas and avocado. Lastly sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle over the cashew nut cream.