– a dash of oil for frying
– 1 onion, roughly chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
– 2 C frozen peas
– 1.5 C vegetable stock
– a good handful of mint leaves (otherwise this is just pea soup)
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot, add the onion and garlic cloves, saute until soft and slightly golden.
2. Add the peas, stock and mint leaves, allow for the stock to boil.
3. Once the stock begins to boil, remove the pot from the heat and pour the contents into a blender (this is because the longer you cook those peas, the browner they will start to become). Blend until smooth then season with salt and pepper.
4. Enjoy this with someone you love (this may include yourself) and a slice (or three) of bread of our choice, I had it with some defrosted and toasted slice/s of Rosemary Zucchini Loaf (with lashings of butter) which made a super combo.