Vegan • Gluten-free
– 250 g sweet potato puree (approximately 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled & mashed until smooth)
– 2 cups of cooked quinoa
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped
– 1 t turmeric
– 2 t coriander, powder
– 1/2 t paprika
– 1 t mixed dried herbs
– 2 T Buckwheat flour (keep about 4 T for dusting)
– Olive oil for frying
1. Combine sweet potato puree and quinoa in a large bowl, set aside.
2. Sauté onion on a medium heat with a glug of olive oil, until soft and slightly golden.
3. Add spices and fry until fragrant, remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Combine quinoa and onion mixtures.
5. Dust a clean plate or chopping board with buckwheat flour, take 80g of mixture at a time, shape into patties on the dusted surface and dust the tops as well. Repeat this for the rest of the mix.
6. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Fry in a hot frying pan with a little olive oil until the patty is golden brown and easy to turn (4 minutes) on either side, this creates a lovely crust.
8. Allow to cool slightly, server as desired.