Gluten-free • Dairy free • Sugar free
– 100 g buckwheat flour
– 20 g oat flour
– a pinch of salt
– 2.5 ml bicarb
– 2 VERY ripe banana’s, mashed
– 40 ml soy milk
– 5 ml vanilla powder
– 5 tsp honey or rice syrup
– 3 eggs, lightly beaten
– oil for frying
Toppings (because I said I was having a craving) :
– Caramel (3 T honey + 1 1/2 T tahini)
– brûléed banana (1 ripe banana, sliced and fried in 1 t butter and 1 T honey until golden)
– 6 blocks of 72 % chocolate, melted
– buckwheat groats, toasted and sprinkled with vanilla powder
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. Add the wet ingredient to the dry in thirds, then mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Heat a frying pan (on a medium heat) and lightly grease with butter or coconut oil. use a ladle to spoon the batter into the hot pan and fry on either side until golden brown.
5. Once you have made your crumpet stack, mix the tahini and honey together in a ramekin (if the two do not want to combine well, place in the microwave for about 10 seconds).
6. Complete your breakfast by alternating your caramel, brûléed bananas and melted chocolate on each crumpet until your stack is complete or just drizzle on top then sprinkle with your toasted buckwheat (for that extra crunch).