For the salad:
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– Olive oil, for frying
– 500 g Lean beef mince
– 2 T Woolworths freeze dried French Tarragon
– 1 T chives, chopped
– 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
– S&P to season
– 1/2 – 1 C Quinoa
– a handful of heirloom baby tomatoes, roughly chopped
– 4-5 spring onions, chopped
– 140 g (or more) tender stem broccoli stems, steamed
– 100 g (or more) asparagus spears, steamed
– 2-3 handfuls of mixed baby salad leaves, rinsed
For the Bearnaise:
– 1 egg
– 1 T vinegar
– 1 heaped t of mustard
– 1 T Woolworths freeze dried French Tarragon
– +- 15 mint leaves
– 125 ml salted butter, melted
1. Cook quinoa as per cooking instructions, then set aside to cool. Once cooled add tomatoes, spring onions and season with S&P.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add red onions, sauté until soft and translucent. Set aside to cool.
3. When the onions have cooled, in a large bowl, add mince, tarragon, chives, parsley, mixed well with you hands (or use a food processor).
4. Roll into bite sized meat balls, place in the fridge for 15 mins, then fry in a little olive oil on a high heat until browned on the outside and slightly pink on the inside.
5. Place the egg, vinegar, mustard, tarragon and mint into blend. Blitz for 10 seconds then slowly pour in the hot melted butter to form the Bearnaise (an emulsion).
5. Assemble salad as desired, serve sauce.