Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
– 1 Medium sized Butternut, Roasted (peel and place on a baking tray with 3-4 cloves of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at 180°c until fully cooked +- 45 mins)
– 15ml olive oil
– 2 cups of vegetable stock
– 150ml cream
– 50g butter
– 5ml smoked paprika
– 10-15ml cinnamon
– 5g fresh coriander leaves
– Prawns – the more the better
1. In a blender, combine the roasted butternut and garlic cloves with the vegetable stock, cream and butter – blend until smooth.
2. Pass through a sieve into a large pot.
3. Place the pot onto a low heat and season to taste.
4. While the pot sits happily on the stove, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the prawns. Once cooked, cinnamon, fresh coriander and S&P.
5. Finally, pour the soup into your desired bowls and top with prawns.